Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Day with a Three Year Old

I am three and the world is all about me
A friend of mine has a three year old granddaughter that I enjoy being with. When she was two, it seemed that she was constantly on the run and when I tried photographing her, I mainly got her backside as she was always running in the opposite direction. Now that she is three, she seems to enjoy when I photograph her and even commented last session "I am good at taking pictures" even though she was in front of the camera. She does love to pose but the images that I really love are the unexpected shots I got when she wasn't posing. We were supposed to be outside but as luck would have it, it was raining but we decided to see what we could get.

Look
Some of my favorite shots were taken while she was looking out a window into the woods. As she was sitting there, lost in her own world, she was spinning a story about a wolf and a little girl that she rattled on about as she sat there. I loved her imagination and we talked back and forth about what was happening. I was just happy to be allowed to be part of her world even for a short time. The great thing is she was not tuned into me and my camera.
Wonder
Fixing Her Hair


Young children are not as camera shy as older children or adults, more natural and uninhibited. Anxious to talk and tell you things like where they got a boo-boo. 


See my Boo-boo.


By the end of the day she was getting tired but was still receptive. I thought it best to end the shoot and come back another day when we could be outside. She looked like she was ready for a nap as well as myself and her Grammy.


Raining Outside, I 'm Bored

No comments:

Post a Comment